Thursday 30 January 2014

Lee Rigby Murder: Michael Adebolajo Launches Appeal

Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale
One of the two men found guilty in the of the murder of British soldier Lee Rigby has lodged an application to appeal against conviction, the UK’s Judicial Office has confirmed.
The Court of Appeal move has been made by Michael Adebolajo, 29, following his conviction with co-defendant Michael Adebowale, 22, at the Old Bailey in December.
Michael Adebolajo (left) and Michael Adebowale Photo: AFP
Michael Adebolajo (left) and Michael Adebowale Photo: AFP
British Muslim converts Adebolajo and Adebowale ran Fusilier Rigby down in a car before hacking him to death with a meat cleaver and knives in a frenzied attack. They dumped his body in the middle of the road near Woolwich Barracks in southeast London on May 22, 2013.
Adebolajo, a married father of six, and Adebowale lay in wait near Woolwich Barracks and picked 25-year-old Fusilier Rigby to kill after assuming he was a soldier because he was wearing a Help for Heroes hooded top and carrying a camouflage rucksack.
After driving into the young father in their car, the killers – who had armed themselves with eight knives, including a meat cleaver and a five-piece set bought by Adebolajo the previous day – butchered him in the street in front of horrified onlookers.
Adebolajo who had shown no remorse had told the court when he first testified that he had no regrets killing Lee.
“I would never regret obeying the command of Allah so that’s all I can say.
“I’m a soldier and I’m doing what Allah commanded me to do.”
“In terms of the law, I am a soldier of Allah.
“I understand some people might not recognise this because we don’t wear fatigues or go to Brecon Beacons to train but we are soldiers in the eyes of Allah.
“Basically, it’s a war between Islam and those military who invade Muslim lands.”
Asked what should happen to him after the trial, he said: “I believe either I should be ransomed to my mujahedeen brothers or I should be set free or I should be killed. Maybe by the military, maybe by the court, I don’t know.

No comments:

I Don’t Believe In Having One Wife, It’s An Imported Concept – Kanayo O. Kanayo

 Veteran actor Kanayo O. Kanayo has discussed his opinions on monogamy, saying that he thinks it is against African culture and tradition to...

Popular Post