Friday 10 October 2014

I’m Very Sick And Addicted To Alcohol - Brain-Damaged Gov Suntai Opens Up

The ailing governor of Taraba state, Danbaba Suntai has reportedly admitted he is sick and not fit to govern the state.

In a report by Pm News, the governor is said to have revealed this in a secret recording by Channels TV.
He said: “Well I can tell you it is well with me to return to my office simply because I want you to support me. But you know the truth I am not well at all to return to my office, as I am now.
“I know that I will pick up with time and be able to discharge my duties, but that will take some time. And I promise never to misbehave again.”
 
The governor, who according to the report appears incoherent in his speech, disclosed that he was addicted to alcohol, though he did not disclose who was enabling his addiction.
His wife has been accused of being selfish, power hungry and enabler of his addiction.
He advised the people of Taraba state to live according to the laws of God, saying, “If you go outside from God’s laws you will just destroy yourself, and this is what is happening to me. Drinking of alcohol is not a good thing at all.”
When asked his message to Nigerians, the governor replied: “If they can put all those things aside and attend to God, because God did not like what we are doing, but we are still doing it. God does not permit us to do bad deeds, but it is unfortunate that we decided to listen to the devil in this case. it is very unfortunate that I am addicted to alcohol (too much drinking of beer).”
Some days back, Suntai had been declared missing by the state’s acting governor, Alhaji Garba Umar.

In April 2007 Suntai won the election as Governor of Taraba State under the platform of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) and he was re-elected in 2011.
However, in October 2012, the governor suffered serious injuries when a helicopter he was flying crashed near Yola, the Adamawa State capital and since then, he has been undergoing treatment in hospitals abroad.
After months abroad, he was brought back to Nigeria in August 2013 which sparked a lot of controversy. He was once again flown abroad in June, 2014 for a medical check-up and he was brought back on Saturday night, 13 September. On his return, he spoke to reporters in Abuja and according to report his condition is yet to improve.

No comments:

NAFDAC Seizes Three Tankers For Conveying Vegetable Oil With Petrol Tanker In Lagos

  At least three petrol tankers transporting vegetable oil have been seized by officials of the National Agency for Drugs Administration and...

Popular Post