Friday 20 June 2014

Sanusi Ado Bayero, Son Of Late Emir, Explains Why He Left Kano

Sanusi Lamido Ado Bayero, the eldest son of late Emir of Kano Ado Abdullahi Bayero, explained in an interview with Daily Trust on Wednesday why he made a decision to leave the state after Sanusi Lamido Sanusi emerged new emir.

The new emir of Kano welcomes his guests at the emir's palace on June 14, 2014. Credit: Vanguard.

Ado Bayero said he left not because of illness as alleged by some, but rather because of his concerns about security in the state. "I am not a troublemaker. That was why I left Kano," he stated. "Because if I am in Kano, even if I just step out of my house it can create a lot of problems which can affect the security in the state." he added.

"I don’t want anything that will degenerate to street riot and all that. The peace and security of my people are paramount to me. I left the state intentionally; nobody compelled me to do so and nobody can stop me from returning to Kano. I will return at my own time."

This was also the reason why he did not join his brothers when they paid visit to the new emir on June 14, Ado Bayero said.

He called on the media to avoid reporting that could provoke riots in Kano. "I am a man of peace and that was what our late emir taught us. Throughout his reign, he preached peace in the state, country and across the world. I don’t want crisis no matter how small and please you people should help us to sustain peace in the state. It is the responsibility of you the media to preach peace."

Lamido Sanusi, who previously served as the governor of the Central Bank, was elected emir on June 8. Two other contenders were Ado Bayero, the District Head of Gwale, and Wamban Kano Abbas Sanusi.

Several people were feared dead as pro and anti-Sanusi protesters clashed in city of Kano shortly after the new emir was elected. The police blockaded the palace explaining the move by the need to protect the place from hooligans. Only after the four-day siege was lifted, the new emir was able to enter his official residence.

No comments:

I Don’t Believe In Having One Wife, It’s An Imported Concept – Kanayo O. Kanayo

 Veteran actor Kanayo O. Kanayo has discussed his opinions on monogamy, saying that he thinks it is against African culture and tradition to...

Popular Post